How do I decide which parts to buy for repair

I don’t agree that buying brake parts from the dealer is the best option. I’ve had GM cars where the dealer parts counter brake rotors were junk. They warped immediately and cost twice as much as the best grade sold by NAPA. The ones from NAPA did not warp. The last set I put on my Odyssey were a NAPA “premium” one grade down from the top. They work perfectly and cost quite a bit less than the ones from the Honda dealer.

I have Brembo rotors and calipers on my Mustang with ceramic pads. But I don’t think they make rotors for the Sedona. My choice would be EBC pads and rotors, they may or may not make rotors for that application though, but their green stuff pads, specifically the Greenstuff 6000 pads are a nice upgrade over OEM pads. If you don’t like brake dust opt for ceramic pads. Also don’t buy the cheap white-box rotors, get the rotors from a reputable brand.

I am gonna go against the crowd here. I do my own brakes and actually have had decent luck with AutoZone parts. Just middle of the pack with good warranty, never their cheapest item. I used them on our minivan for many years. Driven locally by my wife, the brakes wear fast on these cars. It had the lifetime warranty and I got quite a few sets for free. Their longevity was better than the OEM I tried 1st.

On my Camry, OEM is not ceramic and the dust was bugging me. So I went with ceramic pads and new rotors from AZ again. It has been over 40K miles (again local driving with a lot of stop and go by my wife and now my practicing teenager), no noise, fade or vibration to report yet.

If you want to save money, also check rockauto.com for prices on higher end brands.

Ironically enough, I’ve had severe noise problems with Thermoquiet pads, even if I cut or replace the rotors

In my professional experience, Thermoquiet is way overrated

I have no noise problems with Thermoquiet on a 2005 Accord EX V6, FWIW.

We stock Wagner brake pads in our warehouse . . . a mix of Thermoquiet and SevereDuty, depending on the application

I’ve had those noise problems several times, even when machining or replacing the rotors.

And they don’t even last longer than the factory pads

IMO . . . factory brakes are the best, and the only realistic way to avoid problems

I have checked the local autoparts stores and it appears I am looking at about $48 each for the rotors. Autozone has Duralast/Brake Rotor, while O’reily’s has BrakeBest® Select™ Drum/Rotor/Hub - Brake Rotor. They are both same price, so does it matter which I go with? As for the pads, I spoke with the shop and they offered the best price option, so I will just be supplying the rotors.

I’ve had very bad luck with Duralast brakes. Pads didn’t even fit correctly. Rotors were warped, right out of the box

Not worth the hassle, IMO

Consider to have your shop supply the rotors too. Why? If you supply the rotors, and the shop supplies the pads, if there’s a problem after the install in complete the shop will simply say it’s the rotor’s fault. If the shop supplies all the replacement parts, and there’s a problem later, like squeals, fades, etc, the shop will feel responsible to do what it takes to make things right by you.