Horn relay clicks when horn is press

Horn doesn’t work when I press the horn the relay clicks all horn fuse are not pop and the horn works when I put power to it

Then the horn relay is probably defective.

Swap the horn relay with another relay in the vehicle with the same part number.

If the horn works, it’s the relay

Tester

1 Like

Change the relay and noting I notice it’s has a aftermarket alarm system idk if there something wrong with that

You just answered your question.

3 Likes

The wiring to the horn is likely broken. Broken right where the alarm company joined that wire so the alarm can blow the horn too. I’d bet there was a Scotch Lock connecter right where the break is.

2 Likes

Ahhhh The wonderful Scotch Lock connectors, the best thing to be invented by man since the medieval torture devices… :man_facepalming:

+1

Sounds like there is a break in the wiring somewhere between the horn relay and the horn itself… And my money is on Mustangman’s guess of a Scotch Lock being involved…

1 Like

The alarm works tho and when I lock the car the car beeps

If the wire is broken at the connector on the relay side (single wire) of the connector and the alarm wire is on the parallel (double wire) side and those are both still connected, then the alarm will still sound the horn even though the horn button or relay will not… Or you have a break in the wire between the relay and the connector

Ask your shop to measure the voltage at these three locations while an assistant presses the horn button.

(1) input to horn relay (coming from battery)
(2) output of horn relay (going to horn)
(3) horn