Honda Pilot Transmission

I recently purchased a used '03 Pilot. About 5 days after purchase, the transmission felt like it was slipping between 2nd and 3rd. It is an automatic. What happens is during the shift, the rpm’s increase to about 5K, and it doesn’t shift unless I let off the accelerator. This happened twice. Other times it just feels like a hard shift.

The Honda mechanic said the EGR valve was dirty and replaced it. Everything was great for a week. Now I’ve had the same problem one more time. It was when I was climbing a small hill and the transmission was shifting from 2nd to 3rd.

The maintenance record is unknown. It may have had the ATF replaced once, twice or never. Fluid is level, not bright red like I’m used, kind of a blush wine color.

Any suggestions?

I suggest you CAREFULLY read any warranty information you have with this vehicle. You didn’t say where you bought it. “The maintenance record is unknown” is not a good sign.

How many miles on this Pilot?

And can you answer a question about a broken canine?

Your transmission may be covered by a 8yr/100k warranty, ask dealer. Honda has a miserable record with auto tranny’s & apparently recently manual tranny’s in the late 90’s/early 2000’s despite their supposedly golden record. However they do the right thing typically and replace them.

Bought from a used car lot. Has just over 100K (like 100300).

What about the tooth?