Honda CRV problem starting

I own a 2007 Honda CR-V. Sometimes when I turn the key to start the car it does nothing. After several attempts the car will start. I park my car in the garage. It happens in all seasons. I have taken it to the dealer several times. They say they can’t fix it until they can duplicate the problem. That Honda USA will not reimburse them for the repair until they can prove that it doesn’t start. I am caught in the middle. I am concerned for my safety. What if this problem occurs when I am away from home and it doesn’t start? Can you suggest a solution to this problem?

I would do a few simple things. 1) Take off the battery connections and clean them.

1. When it doesn’t start move the shift lever to N instead of P and press on the brake pretty hard. Play around with the shift lever a little bit if it still doesn’t start. The built in safety devices may not know you’re in Park or pressing on the brake.

2. If this occurred while it was still under warranty, make sure the dealer has a record of you making the compaint about this reoccurring non-start condition. Then, when somebody figures out the problem, you may have the cost of fixing it covered by the warranty.

common causes for this are. one, low battery or poor battery connections.
two. faulty ignition sw.
three. failing starter or starter solenoid.
Trouble shooting an intermittent problem can be difficult.

Do you have a video cam on your cell phone,or just a reg video cam? Then you will have proof