Honda Civic - Check Engine Light & Stalling

I drive a 2002 Honda Civic. I was driving home from work one day, traveling about 40mph when the car shuddered, the check engine light came on, and I decelerated to 20mph or so. It then wouldn’t go any faster than 20-25mph without more shuddering and revving up past 5000rpm. I am able to drive the last 1-2 miles home at low speed without problems. I am able to drive the 15-20 miles to work in the mornings without issue, even on the highway at 70mph. It has been hot in the afternoons (95-100+) and I wonder if the heat has something to do with it. Also, I have an in-dash DVD unit and the screen turns dim/an odd tint from time to time. It doesn’t seem to coincide with the other problems. A repair shop said they think it might be a grounding issue.

Any suggestions or ideas would be great. Thanks!

Find out what codes are stored in car’s computer and report back the code numbers. Some auto parts stores offer to read the codes for free. The DVD problem might be a grounding issue, but the check engine light means something in the pollution control system is not functioning properly. Miles on the car would help, and last time filters, and spark plugs replaced etc. is useful information.

I called the shop that looked at it and they said the code was a 1361. They’re attributing this to a bad ground in my LoJack wiring? I’ve called LoJack and they’ve never heard of anything like this. I’m kinda doubtful.