The thermostat that regulates the A/C evaporator in my 94 Civic (DX Sedan) is not functioning properly and the part has been discontinued. The A/C ‘freezes’ after it runs too long, then it isn’t able to cool at all.
- Can I re-engineer a thermostat designed for a different model ?
- Can the thermostat be repaired ?
- Is there another solution to fix this ?
RockAuto has the expansion valve for the AC on your Honda.
“the thermostat that regulates the A/C temperature”
Are you talking about the evaporator temperature sensor?
As @Tester said, the evap temp sensor is actually part of the TXV which he mentioned
Here’s an idea . . .
Make sure the sensing bulb is properly routed, and make sure that “tar paper” is still intact
Thanks for the responses, however, it’s #24 in the diagram (not #12, expansion valve assembly). The discontinued Honda Part number and description are:
- Honda Part: 80430-SR1-A12 (80430SR1A12)
- Description: Air Conditioner Thermostat
URL for diagram: