Honda Civic 2001 Cluster

Hi.

I have a Honda Civic 2001.

For a while while driving all the cluster would jump up and down. And now for the past 2 weeks the whole thing is off. I have checked the fuses and everything is okay.

Any ideas?

When you said that the entire cluster jumped up & down, I assume that you meant that the needles on each gauge in the cluster was jumping. That situation, coupled with gauges that now fail to work, indicates a probable bad electrical ground. While it may be hard to trace the exact location of this bad ground, restoring a tight connection should solve the problem.

On the other hand, if the entire cluster is actually jumping up and down, you might need an exorcism of the car.

;-))

What do you mean by “restoring a tight connection”?

I am referring to the electrical ground, which I believe to be loose. Once you can find it, tightening the fastener that is loose should restore the cluster to working order. I had this exact problem on a '74 Volvo (the absolute worst car that I ever owned), and it drove me to distraction until the bad ground was found.

On one car I solved this by adding a new ground wire from the metal of the cluster to a ground point under the dash.