HONDA ACCORD'96 noise problem

i brought honda accord ex’96 in feb from used car company. car gave me chek engine light after 20 days. it was because ccylinder misfired. They ( HONDA dealership) changed EGR valve thinking that might be the probem but turned out that timing belt wasn’t tuned properly.

That reduced noise during accceleration by 80%. Recently, noise came back and took the car back to HONDA. When they opened the hood, OIL was everywhere because of some screw that broke in the hood. They’re going to drill new hole for screw. If that doesn’t stop noise, then they would look further.

Car has 63,000 miles. CARFAX report says one owner use.

Tradein value-- 3000

purchase price-- 6750 with the tax and everything.

What do u think i should do?

get rid of the car or fix it even if it cost more than 500 bucks.

Iam wondering: what kind of screw could “come out of the head” leak oil and also make noise?. I could see a missing “screw” related to the EGR comming out and then you get exaust noise. But the oil?

They ( HONDA dealership) changed EGR valve thinking that might be the probem but turned out that timing belt wasn’t tuned properly.

What kind of cr*p line is that…How do you TUNE a timing belt?? The only noise I can think of from a timing belt is the belt tensioner being too tight or the bearing needs replacing.

When they opened the hood, OIL was everywhere because of some screw that broke in the hood.

Screw in the hood. That’s a new one on me. You really need to get a better explanation from the mechanic what is going on. What you’re saying doesn’t make sense.