Honda 2008 Civic transmission fluid question

Is Dextron = Dexron?
I’ve never heard of Dextron.

Chrysler sometimes spells it with a “T”, I guess it is a misspelling.

•Fluid Type Specifications
Automatic Transmission Fluid Mopar ATF +4

NOTE:Dextron II fluid IS NOT recommended. Clutch chatter can result from the use of improper fluid.

“I’ve never heard of Dextron.”

For reasons that I don’t quite understand, it seems that many–perhaps most–people see “Dexron”, and convert it in their minds to “Dextron”.

There is a corporation called “Textron” which has many subsidiaries, including a farm equipment division (J.I… Case). Easy to make the confusion; many words end in “tron”.

Modern electronically controlled transmissions are a lot more finicky about fluid than their purely hydraulic ancestors. The reason is the computers that control them are programmed to operate best with fluids that have very specific friction characteristics. With the wrong fluid characteristics, all sorts of fun stuff can happen, everything from harsh shifts to worn out clutches. Many, many transmissions have been sent to early deaths due to the wrong fluid being used.

About 15 videos on youtube for changing Honda fluid. Pull drain plug, pour in new fluid. Do it couple times. Hope I don’t have to mention putting plug back in.