Hole in headlight assembly causing condensation?

I’m having an issue with my headlights. One headlight looks pretty good, no condensation or fogginess. The other headlight has had condensation in it for as long as I can remember and have tried almost everything to get it to go away. I’ve even drilled a tiny hole in the headlight itself to try and let the water drain out. Noticed this crack today and was wondering if this could be causing a break in the seal and letting water in the headlight?

There’s a vent tube on the back of the headlight pod that prevents that from happening.

Make sure it isn’t blocked by something like a spiders egg sac.

Tester

That crack could indeed be the cause. You might try using a hair dryer to try to dry the area behind the lens out, then placing some tape over that crack to see if it prevents the moisture problem from returning as quickly.

1 Like

The crack looks like it’s in the plastic grill/bumper cover that surrounds the headlight rather than in the headlight itself. Maybe I’m looking at it wrong.

4 Likes

Will try that. If it is obstructed and I clean it out, will it get the current water out or only prevent future condensation?

The headlight will eventually dry out.

Tester

1 Like

It will, unless there’s water getting in through a seam, gasket, etc.

1 Like