Hmmmmm

if one had say…50k to buy a 2010 model auto… what would be the best “bang” for the buck as it were?

I am into pickup trucks, you may be into prototype electric vehicles,you have to narrow your field down a lot.

If I had $50K lying around the LAST thing I’d do with it is buy a new car.

I’d be at the Nissan lot picking out a 370Z droptop.

I would spend $20,000 plus of it on a 4 cylinder Toyota Camry and invest the rest. Most $50,000 cars cost quite a bit to maintain and insure compared to the bread and butter cars.

Depends on what you’re after. If you’re after straight line speed, the Shelby Mustang GT 500 gets the nod. If you’re after an all around great sports car that handles well and has alot of power the Corvette w/Z51 package is a good choice. If you want a 4 door sport sedan a BMW 335i would work. For a truck I would go with an F-350 4x4 with the V10 and still have thousands left over.

If you said what you wanted in a car, we could be more specific.

The choice would be easy for me if I was that rich. It would be a new Corvette, even if I had to finance $10,000 or $20,000.

If I had just won $50,000 at my current income level, I would buy a Honda Goldwing and save the rest to pay for insurance and maintenance.

I get the feeling this is one of those “what if” questions, not a “please give me some advice” questions. It is like, “What would you do if you had a million dollars?” If you say “invest it,” you may be missing the point of the question.

A new tractor, which doesn’t qualify. Or, a Chevy/GMC 3/4 ton plow/sand truck with an Isuzu diesel. Still doesn’t qualify ? Toyota Hylander Hybrid for the better half with leather, sun roof etc. Has to be a car ? Lexus IS C10 convertible.

$10,000 or $50,000, all you get is a car…A machine that provides you with transportation. If you are into motorized fantasies, you can do that without ANY car other than the one you make up in your head. The road conditions and the speed limit are the same for everybody. The guy in the Focus will get there the same time as the guy in the Corvette…

As far as all-around performance? Hard to beat the Corvette. Faster than cars costing thousands more, more economical than most of its peers, comfortable even on long trips (with the cargo space to carry the bags for said long trips) and since it’s a Chevy, it’s cheap to service and its small-block V8 is legendary for its reliability. Can’t go wrong.

Unless you’re one of those tree-hugging hippie types, in which case you’d probably rather have a Prius. I am NOT a tree-hugging hippie. I’ll have my 'Vette in Victory Red, please.

Take a look at the technical features of the current engine used in the Corvette,that ain’t no small block,very few identical components,but you are spot on in the “bang for buck” statement.

And you have to spend all $50K? Most $50K cars will be worth about $30K in 3 years, depreciation is a big hit. For a new car bang for the bucks is Ford Fusion, Honda Accord, and Toyota Camry. If you want fancy get a loaded version.

Best bang for the buck is buying the $50K car when it is 3 years old for $20 to 25K.