Hit a very TINY curb and bent my rear tire (also threw off steering wheel)

That is why your car did not get an alignment, take it to a shop that performs alignments.

Don’t be surprised if you are told that there are worn or rusty steering and suspension parts that must be replaced before an alignment can be performed.

are you positive i need one? i heard the rear frame has nothing to do with the front steering. then again i called an alignment shop and they said its possible they didnt adjust the frame well enough. id hate to go for an alignment and have to pay just so they can tell me im not allowed to get one

The toe must be set on the rear suspension after replacing the sub-frame. If the rear toe setting is off this will affect the vehicle tracking, the steering wheel will appear to be off-center.

Do you “need” an alignment? I don’t know how far out of specification the alignment is but your tires may still outlast the life of the vehicle even without an alignment. How long do you plan to keep this car?

@Nevada_545 2 years of keeping this car would be ideal. i am taking it to conrads tommorow. so your saying that its possible that the wheel might just be off centered and not need an actual alignment?

The misaligned rear suspension is causing the steering wheel to be off-center. The front suspension and steering are likely out of alignment also, you just haven’t noticed.

so its best to just go in for the alignment then. what if they say its because my sub frame wasnt positioned correctly? shouldnt the shop i took it to be reliable for that?

Sometimes re-positioning the sub frame is necessary during an alignment, many vehicles don’t have camber/caster adjustments and moving the sub frame is one method of bringing the alignment into specifications. If you take the car in for a $29 alignment there may be an additional charge for major adjustments.

id love to know where a 29$ wheel alignment is. the cheapest i found is 50$ but they charger you 40 still if they arent able to do it! so i can either do that or go to a more professional organization and have them do it for around 80, but not charge me if they cant do it.

ill hope for the best that there wont be no issues taking it into the shop tomorrow

You are looking at this wrong. Any shop should bill the customer for checking the alignment. It does take shop time to do this.

It’s no different than going to a doctor. Would you object to paying for an office visit if the doc found nothing wrong?