Hit a Huge Hole

If you jarred a car enough to crack a block, there would be a lot of damage all through the car. You might be right to just junk it. But really, I don’t see a connection between the coolant use and the pothole, unless you have the 3.8 engine. They have a plastic intake manifold that is easy to crack and will leak coolant into the engine when they do. I don’t think the 3.4 has this issue, but I could be wrong on that.

It is the 3.8. I’m guessing that is cracked.

How much should I pay for intake manifold removal/gasket replacement?

1. Bent control arm
  2. Bent strut
  3. Loose ball joint.
  4. Cracked timing cover (thus leaking coolant).

Bleh.

^
Are you actually going to pay for all of those repairs on a 23 year old car that will only need more and more repairs on a regular basis?

Personally, I would consider that this car has exceeded its design life, and I would just junk it at this point, but you may have a different opinion.

'4. Cracked timing cover (thus leaking coolant).'
If it hit hard enough to do this, I’d also be concerned that the unibody where the suspension mounts is also bent. Me thinks there could be more to it.

He said the frame looked fine, though I’m sure it wasn’t laser measured and whatnot.

All the parts for this repair are under $500, though I am probably going to junk it.

My concern is, would a cracked timing cover cause coolant to get into the engine and produce smoke from the exhaust? Or is that evidence of something else?

Stick a fork in it. It’s done.