Help replacing Odyssey 22 Fog Light

Anyone had any luck replacing a Honda Odyssey 22 fog light housing (light works, housing broken) without removing entire front bumper? It appears the black fog light cover comes out to replace the bulb but I can’t figure out how! Thanks!

Disconnect the wheel well plastic liner to gain access to the fog light housing.

Tester

Thank you, I did this but the housing screws from the front not from under the wheel. If I were replacing the bulb this would work but unfortunately I’ve got to figure out to get the black fog light cap off to get to the screws in front of the housing. I appreciate any tips!!

Worst case, see if a junk yard has your vehicle and take a big screw driver and pry it off to see how it works… lol… then replace yours…

Do you already have the new part?? maybe it has some clue marks on it…

Or better yet, buy both pieces from a junk yard and see if you can watch them take it apart or ask them how they did it…

2022 Odyssey in the junk yard locally with an intact bumper cover?

What are the odds?

Tester

2 Likes

The screws for the fog light bezels are removed from the back side of the bumper cover.

If that doesn’t work it’s not the end of the world to remove the bumper cover. Usually a few pop up fasteners and a couple bolts on the impact absorbers and it slides right off.

1 Like

If there’s just two screws holding the fog light housing to the bumper cover. then moving the wheel well liner out of the way should allow access to the screws so the housing can be removed.

Tester

Dear Design Engineer,

It should not take a Masters degree in automotive technology to figure out how to change a damn fog light housing…

Sincerely every mechanic ever… :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Certainly not to just change the bulb, but to change the entire housing it wouldn’t be unreasonable imo to have to remove stuff not ordinarily removed, like the bumper cover or entire bumper ass’y, maybe even a fender ass’y. Even if it can technically be done without removing something, it might well be faster to remove it anyway. I’ve always favored the "if you can’t figure out how to fix it, take it completely apart to see how it works " method … lol … worse case, generates some funny stories .