Help? Making my truck fast

In other words, his car now has Chevy decals on the body instead of Ford decals. Otherwise, there likely isn’t a single Chevy or Ford component in any car he runs.
The same thing goes for NASCAR.

Oh no , Mr. Bill. You mean that that thing going around the NASCAR track is not really a front wheel drive V6 Camry.

Here’s a suggestion, take some Fords, Chevies, Chryslers, and maybe a Honda or two off the showroom floor and let’s race them. That would be interesting and fun to watch. See how those turbo fours hold up.

You can’t outrun a radio at 186,000 + miles per second.

@B.L.E, I know all that. I’m a Chevy fan, and a bigger Force fan because of the support Chevy gives his team. It’s sad that Ford can’t afford to support NHRA pro stock and funnycar anymore. We all have our favorites of one sort or another, and GM is one of mine because of all the good cars I’ve owned from them.

A rocket provides its own oxidant, why it can continue to burn after it leaves the atmosphere; a jet relies on ambient air.

Solid rockets motors use atmospheric air to burn. I would not call them jets.

Nope, the solid fuel has the oxygen in it.

The Wikipedia page https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JATO says they’re all really RATOs, and says, ‘A JATO-equipped 1958 Dodge Coronet car on the El Mirage dry lake was used for a TV advertisement to demonstrate the power of their ‘total contact’ brakes. This was broadcast during The Lawrence Welk Show in the late 1950s.’, the video on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGEjFh-GCUo , starting 30 minutes in. There’s a classic hunk of Detroit iron. They mounted the RATO underneath.

That’s exactly how NASCAR started…
While I respect greatly the huge business and entertainment machine they’ve created from those humble beginnings, I truly don’t like what it’s become. Every car is exactly the same, and highly regulated to keep speeds down. Gone is the freedom to experiment. I fully support the safety regulations that don’t affect the cars’ performance; the fireproof suits, helmets, roll cages, panels that flip up when the car spins to reduce speed and prevent lift off, neck bracing, safety walls, and all those things that enhance safety WITHOUT restricting the speeds and performance technologies have my blessing. But the cars themselves should not be cookie-cutter.

In addition, the media machine artificially making the drivers stars and creating drama make NASCAR much like watching “As the World Turns”. NASCAR is being made into a soap opera.

Those that enjoy NASCAR have my respect. Different people enjoy different modes of entertainment. And I understand the argument that with the cars exactly the same the race becomes between the drivers and not the machinery. However I personally would like to see real racing back where teams or organizations build their own cars unrestricted and race against one another. Technology progress is hampered by artificial restrictions.

2 Likes

The oxidizer in a typical black powder rocket is potassium nitrate, when heated it decomposes releasing pure oxygen.
Other common oxidizers are sodium nitrate, sodium or potassium perchlorate, and ammonium perchlorate.

Pure or nearly pure hydrogen peroxide is used as a mono propellant in some rockets, particularly the ones used for rocket dragsters. When H2O2 hits a catalyst, it decomposes explosively into steam and oxygen.
Note that drug store hydrogen peroxide is only 3% H2O2. Concentrated H2O2 is a hazardous chemical that can literally light your shoes on fire if you spill it on them.

I hear driving off a really tall cliff will help make cars go faster

1 Like

Hence remarking that F1 got uninteresting too. :wink:

The point is that F1 has never been as competitive as NASCAR in terms of the number of teams that can win on any given day. In NASCAR there are usually about 12 different drivers that have a realistic chance of winning, usually once or twice a year you have lower tier team/driver pull off a surprise win. In F1, for the last 20-30 years or so, you usually have one team that will win 90% of the races For the past couple years it’s been Mercedes, before then, it was Red Bull, and before Red Bull it was Ferrari, before Ferrari is was Williams and so on. This year there seems to be at least some semblance of parity between Ferrari and Mercedes though. The races are often follow-the-leader affairs where if you’re on pole and you make it through the first turn, the odds are heavily in your favor that you’ll win the race. A pass for the race lead on the track is a rarity in F1, but in NASCAR it’s probably going to happen at least a half dozen times, probably more.