Help! 1990 cherokee-what maintenance should be done?

really? i don t have the PCV system I have CCV type. the hose that goes to the grommet in the rocker arm/valve cover has vacuum as my book said it should, but whem I ran a bread tie into the grommet it seemed plugged so I poked it thru a bit and it seems un clogged.

my jeep is definitely running better. smoother, quieter

good progress today. front brakes Monday or Tuesday

thanks again for the help

okay. today I checked every thing again after about 15 more miles.

the fresh air tube to rocker/valve cover is still oil free (yah!), and no more moisture.
I think the clogged ccv (not PCV on my jeep) was allowing oil to go thru.
now it has vacuum and is holding it back properly, I think.
the exhaust does not seem as sooty either, I did go blow it out last night, took it up to about 70 a couple times.
still running better.
now when I start it it goes to 2000 rpms for about 1 or 2 seconds before settling to a slow idle(lower than it was) it did not do that before.
still does not fire up as soon as I turn the key, but sooner, a little, than it did.

I had another thread about my oil pressure if you remember.
things have changed.
before it would start at 65 cold and gradually drop to a fairly constant 30
now it starts at less, maybe 40-45, not sure yet what when cold, before settling at 30 could vacuum repairs cause this? is it ok still?

I still have not gotten into finding out about MAF sensor, I was beat, and rested today

any thoughts?

ok, I gave some wrong info yesterday. the pressure it settles at is 20 not 30. all else is correct

just got back from test drive. the oil pressure began at 40 and quickly settled to 20, but was much more responsive to gas pedal, rising to up near 40 when accelerating.
much moreso than previous. it did start at 65 and took 4-5 minutes to settle and was less responsive to gas pedal
did vacuum repairs make this better?

much less hesitation now when I accelerate now

Now all that’s left, put a copy of “It’s getting better all the time” by the Beatles into your cassette deck and cruise baby!