Hellokit - thank you!

HELLOKIT - YOU ARE A MECHANIC GOD!!! IT WAS THE IGNITION COIL!! (on the 93 Geo Prizm). When it stalled, I hurried and pulled off the dist. cap and checked it again and sure enough the ohms were too high and erratic. Replaced and runs fine - even has more power on the hills. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! I highly recommend that everyone in car-talk land listen to hellokit because he’s GREAT! Or are you a she? If you’re in CA, I’m bringing my car to you to fix next time I get stuck … which is actually in the next post, because the original problem is still going on. Any suggestions on that one?

THANKS AGAIN!

One reason we are here is to learn things. The other reason is so we can tell flood jokes. And stuff.

I’m glad that what I suggested worked; but, it was just luck. It could have been anything else. We, here in cyber-space, have no way of directly testing our hunches. For that, we depend upon the people who post. In the future, we may be able to dispatch virtual mechanics. The more and better the info in, to us, the better the hunches to you, the poster. As Mr. Spock says, “Live long and perspire!”.