2003 VW Jetta VR6:
Headlights are not coming on…reliably, at least. Both halogen bulbs have been changed twice in the last 5 months. This is what I know of the headlight issue I’m having:
- If the bright light indicator on my heads-up display is on when I start the car, I have no headlights. Switching between high and low beam in the car does not do anything when this bright indicator is stuck on…I have only found one fix…see number 2.
- I get out of the car and tap on the front right headlight…the lights come on, but the front right is much brighter than the left. The lights are on the low-beam setting at this point. Only tapping the front light gets the lights to come on…high beams do work once I get the lights to turn on.
- Once the lights are on, they do not reliably stay on…they might turn off while driving down the road. Pulling over and tapping on the front right light will get them to turn back on. (think this might be a loose wire issue? if so… i can’t figure out where, or what needs to be done to fix it…)
- Very odd thing… prior to starting the car, the bright light indicator is on…I pull up on emergency brake and it toggles the bright light indicator. I get out of the car and tap the light, lights are on, go back in the car and pull up on the emergency brake…the lights go out. Put the emergency brake down, the lights come back on.
- I’m completely perplexed by this headlight issue.
Anyone else able to empathize, or offer a fix, or advice?