Headlight haze on 2006 Civic LX

Anyone find anything that works to remove the headlight haze and discoloration from the clear plastic housings?

Try “PlastX” from Meguiar’s.

There are several products on the market for clearing the haze on plastic headlight covers. Check at your local auto parts store. Before you buy anything…they only work on a temporary basis. You have to do the entire procedure over and over to keep them somewhat clear. New covers are the best answer but they are usually very expensive.

Symtech “Bright Solutions” headlight kit part #75010010, and 3m #39008 Headlight Lens Restoration System both do a good job. $25-$30 at auto parts stores or PBE jobbers.

I’ve had excellent results using polishing compound and a drill mounted buffing pad. I’ve read also that waxing the plastic after polishing helps the lens stay clear. I haven’t tried that yet, but I’m going to.

I sand them with 1000 grit wet/dry sandpaper and plenty of water followed by repeating the process with 2000 grit.
The final step is polishing with MeGuiars.

I recommend you start by complaining to your congress representatives. Not that long ago we have requirements for sealed beam headlights. They are cheap, easy to replace and don’t suffer the haze problem. It seem the auto manufactures are run by art designers and not engineers.