Headlamp removal

I am trying to find out how to remove the right side (passenger) headlamp assembly on a 2004 Cadillac CTS. I think I need to do this to reconnect the headlamp washer fluid hose. When I press the wash button the washers extend and fluid just runs out on the ground from behind the headlamp assembly with none getting to the left side either. The washer works fine for the windshield.

appreciate any assist

Thanks

Don’t you just love all those fancy headlights every car has on it today. What the heck happened to sealed beams. No more than $5.00 and all you needed was a screwdriver to replace it.

Modern headlamp replacement is only a problem for the first time DIYer. After doing them several times you regain your composure and figure out where you were making your mistakes and things go easier. Now that experience does not remove the shock over the prices for HID components.

Our OP here merely wishes to reconnect a hose and feels he needs to remove a headlamp. I not being there can’t say that headlamp removal is not one way to do the job but it is probably not the fastest.

This is when you look in a Haynes manual for your car. There may be just two pins that you pull up to get the light assembly out. I don’t know because I don’t have the Haynes…