Head lights

I have a 2005 kia sedona and need to replace my low beam bulb. How do I get in to do this with out tearing something up?

You really have to love the advances in automobile design. When I was learning to drive all head lights came in one shape and size and all it took was a philips screw driver to replace or adjust them. Every car was the same, Now no two cars have the same setup and none are as easy or quick or cheap as the old sealed beams.

Most cars have an OWNER MANUAL that has enough detail on how to adjust or remove the headlights. If you find it does not have enough I would try a repair manual such as Haynes. These cost about $15 or so and will have enough electrical details to allow you to proceed.

Thank you for the input, my owners manual does not give enough information. So I think my next best bet is the library to check on the latest Haynes repair manual.

sometimes your questions can be answered free from the person at the parts counter at your dealership.

I found out my owners manual did tell me how to replace the bulbs. What it did not tell me is you take them out from the rear under the hood. The next problem of course is there is no room to do that so I have to remove the battery to get to them. So thanks for your inputs, I guess we all learned something. Shoreduty

This is how you do it on a 2003.

1. There are three 10mm hex screws that hold the entire headlight assembly in. One on the top on the left and two in the front, one above the other.

2. Remove these screws and you can pull the headlifgt assembly out to the front.

3. Once you have it out, unscrew the big plastic ring from the back of the assembly.

4. Unplug the connector from the back of the bulb and move it out of the way.

5. Unlatch the wire that holds the bulb in.

6. Remove the bulb, taking note of where the key on the bulb points.

7. Insert the new bulb with the key in the same position as the old one was, and latch it in.

8. Repeat steps 1 thru 4 in reverse to reassemble.