Hard RIde on 2007 Acura TL

The ride on my 2007 Acura TL is too hard and it bangs over bumps. Does anyone make a softer or adjustable shock for this car? It has been suggested that I change therimms from 17 inch to 16 inch and get larger diameter tires. However, I’m told that this would only make a minor difference in the ride but that different shocks are the answer. I’ver tried to ge a list of softer or adjustable shocks but haven’t been able to find any. Please email me product and model # suggestions.

Thank you.

Stephen

This doesn’t sound right at all. I’ve been in one of these cars and it didn’t ride harshly at all-in fact it was quiet, very smooth and controlled.

Are you the original owner of this car, and if not have you checked with a mechanic to see if it’s been modified? If you are the original owner I would check and make sure that you don’t have something wedged in the springs. When I used to prep new BMWs for sale they all came with wedges in the springs to prevent suspension movement during shipment, and if you forgot to remove them the car rode like a go-kart.

If however, there is nothing wrong with the car I can only ask why you purchased it. Did you not test drive this car?