Here at the Community, one commonly asked question is; “Do I need to replace my heat shield?” The answer is always, “Yes!” Today, in a daily press release service I subscribe to there was a story about the size of the automotive heat shield industry. Here are some points from that:
- The Global Auto heat shield industry is expected to grow from USD 16.1 billion in 2019 to USD 19.8 billion by 2027, at a CAGR of 2.6%
- The growth of the global Automotive Heat Shield Market size is driven by the increasing vehicle production, rising demand for light & heavy commercial vehicles, and growing adoption of electrical & electronic components in vehicles and turbochargers in passenger cars.
- The passenger car segment is expected to be the largest market in the automotive heat shield industry during the forecast period.
- Rising vehicle production, increasing demand for luxury vehicles, growing sales of hybrid & electric cars, and technological development are driving the Automotive Heat Shield Market…
- The double-shell heat shield is the largest market for automotive heat shields because of the increased vehicle production globally. Double-shell heat shields are designed to tolerate low to medium temperatures. Also, aluminum sheets of 0.3 - 1.0 mm thickness are utilized for double-shell technology. These are offered as exhaust manifold heat shields, catalytic converter heat shields, turbocharger heat shields, and starter motor heat shields