Grinding, moaning noise on right turns - Toyota Corolla 04

This has been happening since last winter. It went away in the summer and is back now. Left turns are ok, but after making a right turn, there is a moaning sound when the steering wheel is straightened back into normal position

Sounds like a bad CV joint. Bad wheel bearing is second choice, but I think look at CV joints first. Suggest you or have someone check out that possibility.

Have you tried turning the wheel to the right and back with the engine running but the vehicle not moving? Try that. And if the noise is still there, then it could be caused from a dry ball joint or a worn upper strut bearing.

Tester

Did the noise actually disappear during the summer or did you just not notice it?

I would think if the noise is from a worn wheel bearing, it would gradually get worse, not become quiet. (Unless the thinner warm grease lubed the worn bearing better during warm weather)

POWER STEERING LEVEL COULD BE LOW, OR BEARINGS ARE BAD IN POWER STEERING PUMP.

The noise actually disappeared during warmer weather (in Minnesota)

yes, the noise is still there. so, if its a dry ball joint or worn upper strut bearing- we’re talking about the ones on the passenger/right side? what kind of repair costs am i looking at? Thanks all for your helpful responses.