Got a clicking sound? (Braking)

I have a 04 NIssan Sentra, It been making a clicking sound when I hit the brakes. This issue happens a high percentage of the times when the car is moving one direction then stops and goes the other way, then once the brakes gets pressed slightly I get a click. It’s coming from the front end of the car, in the wheel well and it’s always just one click from one side of the car, but sometimes I do get 2 clicks from 1 side then the other. Don’t know at times when I hear the other side click if it’s the middle of the car, maybe it’s clicks on the opposite when I’m driving and it kind of sounds like the middle of the car clicking. The clicking doesn’t happen all the time it’s sort of streaky like, couple times a drive or every now and then
This issue started 3 years ago, it only clicked when going on reverse. Because I was driving forward then stop and go in reverse and it would click when slightly pressing the brake. But now it progressed to clicking in forward or reverse. Again mostly only going one way, stopping then going the other way then all I need to slightly press the brake at times the I here a click. There was one day where I was going down a straight road with a stop sign every 1000 ft or so and it clicked everytime I hit the brake to stop but that’s rare. And once in a while usually when I hit the brakes hard and almost coming to a stop it’s a loud thumping sound instead vs a click when I slightly press the brakes.
I’m going to have the wheels off and front end lifted because I’m doing my brakes soon, so I’m looking to see what you guys think the clicking sound could be. Something that gets shifted out of place from going one direction, to the other?

Have someone inspect the brakes to see if any brake pad retaining/anti rattle clips are worn/missing.

These clips retain the brake pads so when you go in one direction, and then go in the opposite direction, prevents the brake pads from banging into the calipers.

Tester

Good idea above. Another idea, when you hit the brakes when going forward the nose of the car goes down, and the rear goes up. So the suspension and steering linkage parts move a round a little to adjust for that movement. Loose bushings, tie rod ends, ball joints, strut mounts, etc should be considered if the brakes aren’t it.

So I took apart the brakes a while ago, to change the brake pads and see what the clicking sound was. Seems like I found the clicking problem, it was the brake shims. The shims I actually took them off the pads I last replaced a while back because the ones on car now had none and I thought It's good to have them on pads  So now the frequent clicking stopped but I got another problem.
   I got stuck trying to change the pads because the bottom caliper pin on both sides of car is stuck. I tried putting vise grips and tapping with hammer and no movement. So I put the used brakes pads back on because the caliper pin wouldn't let me put new ones on. Little before and after I removed the pads it was making a lite rubbing noise when i pressed the brakes but that noise stopped the passed couple weeks, (rubbing noise, don't know if it has to do with the stuck caliper pin). So I don't know if the pin got freed up now?
   If the pin is still stuck what's the best way to take it out (with heat, got propane torch). If it does come out with heat or what whatever, is it !00% that I need new pins when they come out, would I be able to keep the caliper bracket and just clean the hole the pin goes into. Whats the best way about going with the stuck pins?

I’m thinking you had better try re-sending that last post.

OldcarsRbest - I think the OP’s last post is some kind of email function. Whatever it is it is annoying.

So I took apart the brakes a while ago, to change the brake pads and see what the clicking sound was. Seems like I found the clicking problem, it was the brake shims. The shims I actually took them off the pads I last replaced a while back because the ones on car now had none and I thought It’s good to have them on pads So now the frequent clicking stopped but I got another problem.
I got stuck trying to change the pads because the bottom caliper pin on both sides of car is stuck. I tried putting vise grips and tapping with hammer and no movement. So I put the used brakes pads back on because the caliper pin wouldn’t let me put new ones on. Little before and after I removed the pads it was making a lite rubbing noise when i pressed the brakes but that noise stopped the passed couple weeks, (rubbing noise, don’t know if it has to do with the stuck caliper pin). So I don’t know if the pin got freed up now?
If the pin is still stuck what’s the best way to take it out (with heat, got propane torch). If it does come out with heat or what whatever, is it !00% that I need new pins when they come out, would I be able to keep the caliper bracket and just clean the hole the pin goes into. Whats the best way about going with the stuck pins?
Ok I noticed that scroll bar to thought it was just on my end

I heat the caliper end with a propane torch. Using a vise grip or other keep trying to twist the pin. Sooner or later it will begin to move. Not too much heat near the rubber boot end unless you have new ones. The cause is no more brake grease left. Some pins have a rubber bushing on the bottom pin and it may need replacing either way.