GMC heater control

I have a 00 GMC Yukon the hot to cold control on my A/C unit was not working. I took the module out of my 99 Sierra, and it worked fine. Now that one doesnt work. It seems like it turns the module to far and it gets jamed up, if I take it apart and put it back together it will work fine then stop. Does it need to be calibrated when you put a control mudule in for the warm to cold unit???

There may be some sort of feedback to the module that tells it where the position is but is not working as it should be.

Thanks for replying, I noticed when I hooked it up it needed to be in the center, but for some reason it seems to go to far. I didnt try it back in my car because I need to take it apart to get it back to the neutral position. Originaly the dealer said it needed to be calibrated, but they also said they needed to take the whole dashboard apart just to get to it, when it is just mounted to the underside of the vents. I also own another GMC that is leaking water, I posted it on this site. If you know anything about that I would really appreciate it. Thanks

your other post about leaking water:

has it been raining, or have you gotten water on top of the hood lately?

answering that would eliminate whether it is outside related, or if it is condensate from the air box under the dash.

i think you said the ac drain hose is NOT the problem? how have you figured that out? if it is NOT draining, then how is the water getting out regularly? have you either stuck or blown out the drain hose?

your other post about leaking water:

has it been raining, or have you gotten water on top of the hood lately?

answering that would eliminate whether it is outside related, or if it is condensate from the air box under the dash.

i think you said the ac drain hose is NOT the problem? how have you figured that out? if it is NOT draining, then how is the water getting out regularly? have you either stuck or blown out the drain hose?

I origianaly thought that was the problem, but I passed a wire through it, and blew some compressed air into it. I cannot get the water to come in when I soak it with a garden hose. When it rains it soaks the passenger side carpet. I cover up the fresh air intake because the water is coming in thru the blower housing, but know I noticed it comes down thru the kick panel up behind the glove box. Its driving me nuts I cant locate it

the hose may have gotten disconnected from the bottom of the air box, which surrounds the heater core. can you see where the hose attaches to underneath the air box? ensure is is both attached, and not holed.

Does the drain hose, drain just condensation from the AC or does it drain rain water as well, because it is rainwater that is getting in. I think the hose is connected it doesnt seem to be un attached, the right side of the dash under a cover ( it looks like a fuse box cover but has relays under it) seems to get wet, so the water is coming from that level. I almost thought it was leaking thru where the hinge is attached, but no luck. keep guessing because I will keep checking, I need all the advise I can get

I couldn’t quite recall the proper sequence so I did a quick search and ran across this:

The overdrive problem mentioned earlier could also be a problem. To reset this, turn the truck off, remove the RDO fuse for 30 seconds, replace the fuse, then turn the key to the run position. This will start a calibration cycle to reteach the computer where the maximum and minimum rotation points are so that it doesn’t overdrive. If, after doing this procedure, the hvac system cycles back and forth from heat to cool there is probably a code set in the Climate Control Module and it may be time to get a dealer with a scan tool involved. On my truck and at least one other truck I have found out about, the control module is unable to sense the location of the actuator door (that is what causes it to “overdrive”). You can verify if your module is overdriving by removing the blend door actuator but leaving the electrical connector on. Turn the truck on, cycle to heat. The visible gear should rotate one direction then stop. Cycle to cool. The gear should rotate the other way and then stop. If it doesn’t stop there may be something wrong with the control module.

You are right, I just visually center the module, and centered the control and hooked it up. it worked for awhile but then bound up. You seem to know what you are talking about I have a couple of other GMC posts maybe you might know what the other problems are. thank you so much