GM windshield wipers

I saw a lot of GM vans or mini van with the wipers stuck in the up position.

To anyones knowledge has GM ever done a factory recall on them?

Thank you.

[b][i]The Model Year Of The Chevrolet Venture Is :_________________ ?[/I][/B]
CSA

1. Why should it matter in my opinion. It is defective. I had 50 cars and never had that problem. I still get recalls from for on a 1992 Ford van vehicle. As well letters for a 1998 Ford Crown Vic. GM may do things differently.

I know that the wipers on GM minivans meet at the center of the windshield instead of operating in parallel as they do on other vehicles. Since the wipers overlap, I wonder if somehow the blades catch on each other and that causes the problem? As I remember, the left blade and the right blade on my Chevrolet Uplander are of different lengths. If someone put the longer blades on both sides, I can see how this would cause a problem which can’t be blamed on GM.

Also, if the wipers were used to remove snow from the windshield before driving, rather than clearing the snow by hand, that practice can lead to damage to the wiper linkage. And, situations like this cannot be blamed on the manufacturer.

Plus it’s 10 years old. Does SID think things last forever?

The other problem is leaving the wipers on, turning off the vehicle and leaving the wipers in the up position. Then add a few inches of snow and ice. Then the owner comes back and starts the car, the wipers are now on but stuck under the ice and snow. That’s when linkages are damaged and motors burn out leaving the wipers stuck in the up position as SID describes.

Sorry SID, not GM’s problem.

Willey is correct and it’s ridiculous in my opinion to carp about a problem on a going on 11 year old vehicle.

Given GM’s propensity for “secret recalls” it never hurts to ask!

But I really doubt this has been the subject of a recall, secret or otherwise, since this particular problem is mostly just annoying and doesn’t pose any safety risk. Heck, some people in cold states actually like it when this happens since the wipers don’t get buried in snow and frozen overnight.

The most probable cause of the wipers not parking on a GM is because of a defective pulse board.

The pulse board is mounted under a cover on the wiper motor. This is a solid state processor that controls all the wiper motors function, including parking the wipers.

Why would GM have a recall on this component and not the wiper motor itself if that should happen to fail?

Tester

Well, Excuse Me ! I Was Trying To Help Answer A Question About A Recall (They Must Be Searched By Make, Model, And Model Year). I Didn’t See Anything What’s So Ever About An Opinion In Your Question.

The answer to your question is “No”. There have been no wiper recalls on 2000 Chevrolet Ventures.

There have been recalls for seat belts, doors Latches, fuel lines and fuel pressure relief (less than 1,800 vehicles), steering (less than 1,000 vehicles),and headlights (less than 2,000 vehicles), but no w/wiper recalls.
CSA

The Definitive Answer Is: No Wiper Recalls.

The answer to your question is “No”. There have been no wiper recalls on 2000 Chevrolet Ventures.

There have been recalls for seat belts, doors Latches, fuel lines and fuel pressure relief (less than 1,800 vehicles), steering (less than 1,000 vehicles),and headlights (less than 2,000 vehicles), but no w/wiper recalls.
CSA