GM OE O2 Sensor Problems

I have a 2000 Malibu with the 3100 V6 LG8 and I just want to add what my -29.7% LTFT originated from. I replaced the original narrowband O2 sensor which was a Bosch thimble type with AC stamping on it. I buy the new AFS109 and that Denso O2 isn’t heated and was fixed rich when I checked its voltage being fixed at .950V around 2500RPM. I’m buying the Bosch 13474 OE O2 which looks exactly like the old one I replaced. What crud when ACDelco says it’s exact OE part but isn’t heated nor is it made by Bosch. The original was also fat built like the 13474 Bosch makes for it. More of just a heads up to those buying those new redesigned O2 sensors for older cars like mine.

Did you have a question or is this just info only?

Just a comment if this is info only. You are looking for an OEM sensor for a 17 year old car that may have been built by a portion of Delphi Automotive that no longer exists. Getting a true OE part may be impossible.

I mean the build of the original 17 year old O2 looks literally identical to the new 13474 Bosch. It also has the most reviews and some 2000 Malibu owners say it works well.

Is there a point to this statement?

Why would you expect an AC Delco sensor to be made by Bosch?

I seem to recall this poster hosted a thread here a while ago about a long term fuel trim problem they were having. Apparently it was caused by using an incorrect part, the wrong type of o2 sensor. So the connector was the same too? I would have guessed a non-heated vs a heated sensor would have a different number of pins in the connector.

Getting the wrong part number when buying parts for older cars, that’s a pretty common thing. Last time it happened to me was around 1 1/2 years ago, the parts place gave me the wrong style of ignition rotor for my Corolla. And that’s not a chain store, it is an an inde parts place where I usually get very good service. Fixing older cars, wrong parts comes with the territory sometimes I guess.