I am looking for a new to me vehicle, but I have so many prerequisites for said car that my head is spinning. I was wondering if the community here could help me figure something out. Here’s what I need:
- Max Price $5000
- 2003 or Newer
- Four Doors and 5 to 7 seats
- FWD or 4WD/AWD
- Antilock Brakes and Stability Control
- Dual front and side airbags
- Power windows, air conditioning and cruise control
- Capable of carrying at least 60 cubic feet of cargo with the back seats folded OR have the ability to tow a trailer
- Capable of towing at least 2000 pounds
- 0-60 of no less that 10 seconds
- Real MPGs of at least 20 city and 25 highway
- Well known reliability that will go at least 300k miles with care and maintenance.
- Preferably the engine would have a timing chain
In general, I would want to stay away from the following vehicles, some of them are conditional
- Anything Mitsubishi, Suzuki, Isuzu, Audi or Volkswagen
- Subarus with the 2.5 unless the head gasket was recently replaced
- Honda Odysseys unless the transmission was recently replaced
- Anything with a Northstar or a Triton engine
RWD vehicles aren’t completely out of the question, but I live in an area where we usually get a decent about of snow in the winter.
It doesn’t matter to me if it is an automatic or manual. The more horsepower, the better, but I know that negatively affects MPGs. High miles is not a big issue for me with brands like Toyota/Lexus, Nissan/Infiniti, Honda/Acura, Mazda, Hyundai and certain Fords
Given all of those parameters, any recommendations?