Getting OEM parts from a local dealership, how long is the wait (typically.)

State Farm Insurance?

@kennytulo Did you order the parts you needed yesterday?

Been there also, no need to drink just stand over the fermenting vats! Photographs failed so we got a nice etching instead. Drove out of the county to go camping in Land Between the lakes, now they hag black label, green label yellow label and lem motlows whiskey, Jack Daniels proprieter aged less than a year. So after a bottle of that and running around nude in primitive camping area got dressed we drove to the campground to get water, every body was ruining out or their campers to tell us Elvis had died. So we were leaving the next day and stopped in a diner maybe 11 pm or so, radio had been playing Elvis 24 hours straight on the car radio, so I played an elvis song on the jukebox, the waitress started crying so bad she could not hardly talk. We ordered breakfast at that time of night, I think my BAC had recovered by then and was safe to drive.

As far as parts houses and blue laws go I may be wrong but I believe we had the blue laws in the south longer than the rest of the country as for parts houses being closed on sunday I have a funny story years back before interstates I was driving through a small town I can’t recall which one in North Carolina one sunday morning I was getting tired and needed a nap there happened to be a Napa that I knew was closed so I pulled in and no sooner than I got to see good there was a knock on my door I looked out and there was a guy standing there he said hey man it’s 7:30 and walked away like he thought I needed a wake up call that I don’t recall requesting.

Been there several times when I got back from Nam and stationed at Ft Campbell.

1 Like

Well, Monday I called Honda and the strut bolts and nuts will take 5 days to arrive from California (to New York.)

The bearings can be had in 1 day.

I went a different route.

The local Honda Dealership charges a 20% markup from the “list price.” So this dinky little bearing which list for 40 dollars at Honda, is sold for about 48 at this dealership (and others in the area.)

I would have gladly paid the markup just to finish this DIY job.

Close. Pennsylvania literally stands for Penn’s Woods (Penn + Silva which means forest or woods). It used to be far more forested than it is today.

As I posted asking how long it would take to get parts from a dealer was not a Forum question . As the person found out the only real answer was from the dealer .
Going a different route might mean he went to a Hardware store as many suggested.