Gas pedal doesn't always make the car go

When I’m cruising along in my 2011 Hyundai Tucson and lift my foot off the gas to slow down, then give it gas again, the rpms rev but the car acts as if it’s in neutral for a couple of seconds…It doesn’t speed up. This is intermittent but becoming more frequent. What’s up with that?

Check your transmission fluid levels. As it’s an '11 model, it’s still under warranty unless you’ve just put a hell of a lot of miles on it really, really quickly, so see what the dealer says. This should be covered.

Chase

“As it’s an '11 model, it’s still under warranty unless you’ve just put a hell of a lot of miles on it really, really quickly.”

Yeah, he/she would have to have already driven that vehicle for a hell of a lot of miles!
If the OP is the original owner, that Hyundai has a 100,000 mile (or 10 years, whichever comes first) Powertrain Warranty.

Since this does sound like a possible transmission issue, the vehicle needs to go back to the dealer for examination. Everything in your engine and transmission will be covered by warranty at this point, so don’t hesitate to take the car back, out of fear that you will have to pay the bill for repairs.