Hyunda sonata downshifting hard

hey ya’ll! I have an '09 sonata w/ less than 30,000 miles and about a month ago it began to downshift into 1st gear hard,not every time,but more often now. what could that be?

What could it be? It could be a transmission problem on a vehicle that is under warranty. So why not just take it in?

Yup!
Your car has a 100k Powertrain Warranty, so you don’t need to diagnose the exact cause on your own.

This is the manufacturer’s problem to resolve, so just take it back to the dealership and describe the symptoms. Allow the dealership to diagnose the problem. If you feel that they are not giving you adequate service, then your next step should be contacting Hyundai at the corporate level. Contact info can be found in your Owner’s Manual.

thanks for the info vdcdriver. just wanted to have some idea of what’s going on before I go to the dealer,if you know what I mean.

[i]  just wanted to have some idea of what's going on before I go to the dealer,if you know what I mean.[/i]   When the car is under warranty, you just tell the dealer what you observe and let them go from there.  It is on their dime so don't try to out guess them. Sit back and enjoy the free ride. ? ?

I think the better warranty to note is that it is still covered under the bumper-to-bumper.

Hyundai’s 100k powertrain warranty is full of exceptions/exemptions, so there is a little bit more risk there, but not at all when the bumper-to-bumper is still in effect.