Gas hog

Ill give ya 300 for it

I googled “spout wire Ford”, and got 238,000 hits!

SPOUT is short for Spark Output, and pulling the connector CANCELS the timing advance programming of the ECM. This is highly important to set the base timing of the engine. On my old Ford LTD with the 5.0L EFI engine, it was a grey connector located on the drivers side fender. Some trucks have it located near the distributor. Pulling the plug opens the circuit.

let me yhink on it

Nice try geaser380! How you got more that two responses is a mystery to me.

Next time be more creative, and get off the Old Milwakee Best!

Thanks Greaser…it was a pleasure as this place needs to lighten up a bit anyway. PS i am aware that you may have done this intentionally…Good work! :slight_smile:

How much do you put in when you gas up?

i dont drink i build costom bikes bobbers choppers sorry i was stumped on this truck for real

oldwrench didint make up the problem just dident know what would make the gas gauge to go down so fast then i find out it has to have a full 12volts to work right if it gets less it will falls read so thanks for the imput .

How are you calculating the mileage?

He didnt calculate the mileage. Its a goofy gas gauge. He put gas in and the gauge went up drove a little n the gauge went way down. I think he stated 2 mpg to make a point…

i found a nother truck ill get the price and post should be under 500.00 f150 4x4

As already emphasized, it’s impossible for that engine to use that much fuel and run. A Bugatti Veyron SuperSport at full throttle perhaps, but not a Ford F150.

How are you calculating your mileage?
If you’re doing it correctly and you’re calculating 2 mpg and the vehicle is running and not leaking, than someone is siphoning your tank. There is no other explanation.

About 6 gallons. Your mileage does stink, but it’s better than 2 mpg. I’d say 6 to 8 mpg. You certainly have a bad gauge and maybe a leak.

On two occasions, I have gotten horrendous gas mileage:

1. My son’s '68 Ford Galaxie was getting 5 miles per gallon… turns out the vacuum advance on the distributor was broken (it worked intermittently, which was why it was hard to diagnose)

2. My '96 Bronco was getting 8 mpg… the local teens were siphoning gas out of the tank-- a locking gas cap solved the problem!

I’m glad I solved your problem. Keep on Truckin Greaser!

1200HP Thats insane

how hard to pull out 300-6 injection motar for a carb motar

Easy but why would you want to do that

Because he figures he can fix a carbureted engine when it does not run right. This is a common way for people who do not want to learn fuel injection to deal with the fact that their vehicle is fuel injected. You might want to start looking for a points distributor also.