Gas hog

google surch is a peac of well you know it dont have any thing on it

I’ll take a look…

If you have an A/C equipped model like I do, the SPOUT connector is right up against the evaporator housing on the engine side, hanging out of a wire harness. It’s a black connector shell with 2 short yellow/green wires on one end, and a removable plug on the other. It’s taped to the side of the harness, but not wrapped in it.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Where_is_the_single_wire_in-line_SPOUT_connector_on_a_1989_Bronco_II_2.9_liter_fuel_injected_engine#ixzz18fsEd2qK

Check for a faulty coolant temp sensor for the computer. If the sensor has failed where it’s telling the computer the coolant temp is -20? all the time, the engine management system never goes into the closed loop mode and will inject large amounts of fuel into the engine.

Tester

Is this large amount of fuel (washing?) the engine?

No,there is a different wire to jump if you want the engine to be washed.

No Comprende

They should pull the oil dipstick out and smell the oil on the dipstick. If it has a gas odor then the oil is gas contaminated and the engine is being washed down with gas.

Tester

Thats what i was asking. I had it happen with my old Chevy Bus Camper

so do i unplug the plug to time it

Quick question:

How many different modifications are on your truck?
What size tires?
How big of a lift kit?
How heavy is your foot when you accelerate from a stop?
How long do you leave the truck idling for?
How high are the rpms when you start it from overnight cold, and how long do they stay at that rpm?

BC.

there is no gas in crank

If i remember right he smells RAW GAS this tells me its leaking which sounds right at 2 mpg.

stock f150 4x2 i dont hot rod some times 3-5 min 900 cold 600-500 hot

Whats the temperature where you live on theses cold starts

900 is closer to a hot idle speed

Manual or Automatic?

Have you tested to see if the brakes are dragging?
If you can lift up the rear end on the truck, and spin each tire, you should be able to tell.
Check the front tires, too.

How much highway driving do you do?

BC.

brakes arnt draging all is free i have not run out of gas yet im thinking it mite be gas gauge notworking it says 1/2 tank sitting when i turn the key on it goes to just above empty

Im thinking its the gauge. I have a friend with a ford about the same year and the gauge is goofy. Put a can of gas in the back and set the odometer (if you have one) fill tank every 150-200 miles

i was just getting ready to sell ill check this out