Future Doctor Changing Oil

The future doctor who changed her own oil for the first time and filled the automatic transmission instead needs to take the car to someone else for a transmission flush.

Toyota ATF is unique to Toyota and nothing else works right in Toyotas. Perhaps flushing the transmission 3 times with The Machine was good enough, but if Toyota ATF was not used the slipping will never stop.

I’m Not Sure What You’re Talking About, But Any “Future Doctor” Who Puts Oil In Their Automatic Transmission Scares The Hxxx Out of Me. Sounds Like A Career Change To A Swifty Oil Change Business Is In Order.

As a doctor, this person is going to kill somebody with that kind of stupid, avoidable carelessness. Who cares about her dxxx transmission ?

CSA

Don’t worry, it was just another one of those Stream of Consciousness posts.

But congratulations for a stellar welcome to the board.

(Pssst: It probably has something to do with the Sxxx).

My question is - If she drained the oil out, replaced the filter etc. but then put the new oil into the transmission fluid was she then driving around with no oil in the car? Shouldn’t a warning light have come on?

Oh and btw - I actually work at a med school and this doesn’t surprise me one bit…

Hello common sense, it seems like you have none. You are extremely rude, prideful, and know absolutely nothing about cars. All you do is provide sarcasm in every one of yours posts (which have no meaning to begin with anyway tbh). I would prefer it if you would kindly just PO somebody in the real world and not take your troubles here. I think everybody would be greatly relieved. :slight_smile:

Don’t forget the Unabomber-like use of BOLD type.

Not for emphasis, but just as a “look-at-me”.

vin12345, if you look at the “Who Does Their Own Repairs?” thread in the Repair and Maintenance section, you will quickly find that many “senior” members here are just that, and barely ambulatory to boot. All those repairs on every car and truck under the sun really takes it out of you, apparently.

Welcome to the board, by the way.

My question is - If she drained the oil out, replaced the filter etc. but then put the new oil into the transmission fluid was she then driving around with no oil in the car? Shouldn’t a warning light have come on?

My question to you is: if she drained the oil and then put oil in the transmission, why didn’t she have a driveway full of oil? I haven’t listened to it (although I am still alert enough to understand this is from the show) but it seems to me that she drained the transmission fluid. Oh, now I’ve listened to it and it turns out that’s what she did.

Oh and btw - I actually work at a med school and this doesn’t surprise me one bit…

Why, did you once put the wrong brush pad on the floor buffer?

The original post in this thread was a response to a caller on the radio show. She evidently drained the transmission fluid and replaced it with oil. She never touched the oil in the engine.

This whole discussion is in a forum called “the show,” for those of you who were too busy trying to be clever to notice.

vin12345 and impala61, it’s better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

What is your point?

“(Pssst: It probably has something to do with the Sxxx).”

“I haven’t listened to it (although I am still alert enough to understand this is from the show) but it seems to me that she drained the transmission fluid. Oh, now I’ve listened to it and it turns out that’s what she did.”

In my day we read a few of the posts before insulting.