Fuses ecm

MY 96 CARAVAN HAS NO POWER TO THE HEADLIGHTS FRONT WIPER OR BREAK LIGHTS BUT THE TURN SIGNALS WORK HEATER DOES TO WHAT COULD IT BE A RELAY OR ECM THANKS…

Turn off the caps lock, check the fuses, the relays, and the fusible links. You may have to look under the instrument panel and under the hood to find all of them.

The owner’s manual may help you locate these parts.

Is That “ECM” spelled with a “B”?

We hope it’s not the BCM (Body Control Module), like it was in my 96 Caravan. I had to get one from the recycling yard. New ones are $600+. Mine screwed up my gas guage and front wiper.

A while back, poster “NYBO” had a suggestion. I hope he doesn’t mind my passing it along:

He said to look under the hood for your Power Distribution Center with fuses and relays inside. Pull out the fuse labled “memory lOD” (look at diagram in cover) for 10 seconds or longer and replace it. This will reset the BCM. He said you will lose your radio presets, (no big deal). This is worth a try.

Please let us know what happens. Others may benefit from your response and we may be able to help more.

Power to the brake lights comes through fuse #16 in the Power Distribution Center under the hood. Check to see if voltage is getting to the fuse when this problem happens. It looks like there may be a faulty buss connection in the panel causing this. A lot of other things are tied to the same power buss line but you didn’t mention they were having a problem.