Fuel Tank & Fuel Fittings (Quick Disconnects)

This one is shooting up, not lateral. First, I replaced it with a new fitting, next I replaced the quick disconnect fitting with better seals (O-RING 011 NITRILE C 70 DURO 5/16 IN ID 7/16 IN OD 1/16 IN WALL). Same result. I think the problem might be the 90 degree male pilot fitting, but I cannot get deeper and look down on the male pilot fitting attached to the tank cover. Anyway, have you had this problem, and how did you fix it?

[https://www.dropbox.com/sh/z8titeru9pg1ndz/AAA6Yy-Uqg3beM8tEUNCtXkJa?preview=20200425_183900.mp4]

Your description is rather cryptic, but if I understand correctly it may be corrosion around the tank fitting, probably a very expensive repair job.

Most of it is made of plastic parts. I just edited the link to the video, so you can see it this time. Thanks!

You don’t want to read this but… drop the tank. Either there is corrosion preventing a seal, a crack in the pump line, or a burr cutting the O ring in the quick connect. No way to confirm without a good look. The only way to get a good look is drop the tank.

1 Like

Ford quick connects are a PIA for DIYers. Attempts to correct one leak usually results in causing another which is usually in a more difficult to reach location.

2 Likes