Fuel out of air

I’m confidemt that an alternative will be discovered, whether it’s fabricated gas or something else. It’ll be made available in the open marketplace the day after they plant me in the ground.

Docnick,
Texas refineries have been built for nigerian crude for the last 30 years. It is a light grade. Texas has not produced much oil in terms of consumption since the 1960’s. Some gulf of mexico grades work as well but you really do not understand that each refinery can only handle a very narrow grade of oil. The majority of oil has not come from texas since the 1950’S.

There was a time when the oil sands in Canada and the oil shale in Wyoming were considered too expensive to be counted as legitimate oil reserves. But they are attractive reserves now. Eventually, this reverse gasoline production will be economically feasible. In some ways, it sounds like a Mad Max world that would consider gasoline from tin air feasible, but who knows? Still, I think it’s generations away from being economically attractive.

There is lots of new oil coming on production in ND, TX, along with Canada. But the other wild card is the explosion in natural gas production. No need to use double energy when we have these huge domestic reserves.

There is lots of new oil coming on production in ND, TX, along with Canada. But the other wild card is the explosion in natural gas production. No need to use double energy when we have these huge domestic reserves.

Agree…right now it’s NOT needed. But what about 50 years from now. You don’t want to wait until year 49 to do research on alternative energy. It may take decades to make a viable system. We have special projects where I work all the time. I try to dedicate 2-3 man months of my employees each year to research. Most go no where…but some eventually have made it to production.