Fuel fill inlet light - 2011 Ford Expedition

fuel fill inlet light comes on
power runn9ing boards driver side doesn’t come up

You should also have a turn signal out and an intermittent vibration by now. Might want to look into that. Did you actually have a specific question?

1 Like

Light on saying fuel fill inlet .

Still not a question, Joe.

1 Like

Joe, you don’t get points for low number of words.

Just ask a question, with complete details, in good English and you will get lots of good answers. There are lots of experts on this forum, but thy expect a minimum effort on your part

1 Like

I have two questions

I have 2011 Ford Expedition and the driver side power running board doesn’t work. I see a lot of people have this issue . I hear the motor trying to pull it up but it doesn’t . Is there a way to know if it’s not the mortor ?

My check light is on and saying fuel fill inlet. Is this a normal and so how can I fix it

It is never “normal” for the CEL to be lit-up.
As to how to fix the problem, the first step is to have the stored diagnostic codes “read”.
This can be done–gratis–at most auto parts stores.
If you jot down the code(s) that are found and come back to this thread to report the code(s), we can try to advise you about repairs. The codes are in a format similar to P0123.

Then it is not the motor if you hear it running. There is something blocking the running board from retracting or the gearbox the motor is turning has a shredded gear. Remove the actuator (motor and gearbox assembly) and see if the running board moves easily. If it doesn’t it is likely the actuator itself.

As for the check engine light saying it is the fuel inlet - I assume you have no actual gas cap. That flap that closes after you fill the SUV is likely broken, stuck open or has a damaged gasket. It needs to be fixed.

If Ford’s famous “capless” fuel filler door has failed, expect to pay $250 to repair it. My wife buys Fords and both vehicles (2009 F150 and 2012 Fusion) have had these failures already. Thank goodness Ford saved us from buying $9 gas caps with this wonderful design.

“If Ford’s famous “capless” fuel filler door has failed, expect to pay $250 to repair it. My wife buys Fords and both vehicles (2009 F150 and 2012 Fusion) have had these failures already.”
:astonished:

I have wondered about that design feature for several years.
Now, I know…

:thinking:

The first thing I would do is to lubricate the pivot points for the running board. Buy some B’laster PB and spray lithium grease and get under to see where it pivots and first shoot some B’Laster PB in each joint. Actuate the board and try helping it to go in/out a few times until it gets loosened back up. Stalling the motor is just going to damage it or the gearing system over time…Once you get it moving again, spray the lithium grease in the same joints for longer term lubrication.