Frustration Abounds

Another thing you should have looked at for the suspected van trouble is the bushings.

For the longest time, my van made this horrible clunking sound over ever bump in the road. It drove me nuts. Finally had it looked at. It has been within the last 6 months. He did bushings (LOVE it… no more clunking over every little bump in the road), new water pump and a few other small things. Not sure if that is the same bushings you are referring to or not.

So, finally got the van into. He called and said it was the sway bar links. I authorized them to fix it. Well, it is doing the EXACT same thing! No change!!! I called and couldn’t go back because they were closed. I spoke to the owners wife and then the mechanic. He said “well I thought it was the sway bar links because when I took them off and drove I didn’t hear the noise”… and I said… " I thought sway bar links were replaced when they broke?" He gave an excuse and then said come back at 2 tomorrow and he would drive it. Thats it. I am supposed to be going out of town saturday. I am out $114.00. and the van is still making the exact same noise. How do I fight this? What the heck do I do? Husband said “I am not helping you with this at all. I told you nothing was wrong with the van so they just fixed something to make some money” I am just sick about this.

Also, is there a way to check to see if this is an issue with cvjoint/boot?

uggghhh… sometimes people suck so bad.

thanks… I am just so mad and frustrated!

Sorry it took so long to respond. I was on vacation and didn’t delve deeply into these threads until now.

The shop that charged you $114 and didn’t fix your problem should refund your $114 if they want to keep your business. They are supposed to solve your problem, not change out parts until the problem goes away.

You need to find a better mechanic (diagnostician) to resolve this issue. If you haven’t already done so, try to find a better mechanic using Car Talk’s “Mechanics Files” at http://www.cartalk.com/content/mechx/