From where to buy tires?

I think it is better to use a local source rather than buying over the internet. That way, if there is a problem, the local store will feel “ownership” of the problem and view you as a customer. Local stores aren’t always very friendly if you have a tire problem if you bought the tires somewhere else.

Beside, most places will price match to Tire Rack or Discount Tire Direct - once you add in the shipping. You just need to bone up on your negotiating skills.

I can’t count on with one hand how many times I’ve gotten holes in my tire that needed to get patched. Costco did all that for free. One time, a tire had too many patches and they refused to do it for lawyer reasons. But they prorated the other good tire on the same axle and charged me 2 new ones for merely $20.

I have a 99 Camry LE and a 09 Camry SE. Both came with performance tires that wore out at 30k mi. I put the touring tires on both, of course the same size. I don’t know about you, but I never go over 80mph. In Georgia they now have a Super Speeder law and they add $100 if you get caught doing more than 80mph.