Ford ranger crankshaft position sensor

Hello all,
i’m having a bit of an issue with my 1995 Ford Ranger and wanted to see if anyone had had similar issue or a suggestion to help fix it. To give a little background I bought the car six months ago after The timing belt had slipped, and I replaced and reseated the valves, most gaskets and a handful of other things while I had the motor apart. The truck ran fine after the project however it needed a new power steering pump. Afte The valves most gaskets and a handful of other things while I had the motor apart. The truck ran fine after the project however it needed a new power steering pump. Immediately after replacing the power steering pump I got a code for the crankshaft position sensor, however the car still ran fine and started fine without any issues. Just to see if I can get the code to go away I replaced the sensor, however it didn’t leave and I can erase it With a diagnostic tool. I drove it for about two months in this condition and it ran fine although it still had the crankshaft position sensor code, however just yesterday it started misfiring fairly bad especially when the car was warm. I’m not sure if with a diagnostic tool. I drove it for about two months in this condition and they ran fine although it still had the crankshaft position sensor code, however just yesterday it started misfiring fairly bad especially when the car was warm. The sensor in the power steering pump are fairly far away from each other on my motor and it’s hard for me to see how replacing the pump would have anything to do with the sensor code, however it happened immediately after changing the pump. I am also not sure whether or not the misfire is related to the crankshaft position sensor code is well, Seeing that the truck ran fine for the last two months all the while having the code. Any reason I would still have the code, although The sensor is nearly brand new? And is the current misfire related to my crankshaft position sensor? Thanks!

first off, that is rather hard to follow. Your post repeats itself in the middle of sentences, and is quite confusing. It may be worth going back over and editing again.

second off: it sounds like you have a crankshaft position sensor code that appeared after you replaced your power steering pump. They aren’t connected or related, but I can’t help but wonder if perhaps a wire got pinched during the p/s pump install. I would start by double checking that, and checking the wire harness that leads to the crankshaft position sensor.

third off: what is the actual code you get? What engine is this? how many miles on the truck? This info can help us help you.
Are you sure you replaced the same sensor as the code? Some vehicles have a crankshaft sensor and a camshaft sensor- and parts houses have been known to give the wrong one at times, lol

I’m curious as to how you put the cam/crank angle sensor in time when you replaced the timing belt and whether you have moved the sensor base or moved it from its original position.