Ford GT

Have a cousin by marriage who has one- I doubt if 5500 cars equal an industry.Meanwhile people starve(weres the trickle down?) sure hope the top 1% buy a few more-Kevin

@kmccune I fail to see what trickle down economics has to do with the Ford GT. But since you brought it up, have you seen the obesity rates in this country, even the very poor aren’t exactly lacking for food.

With only 200 (RS200) ever built, only the anointed few ever got their hands on one…Today, the survivors are kept like Tuckers, money in the bank…

I see now where my mistaken impression of it being a modded Merkur came from. The windscreen, side windows, roofline, droopy nose, etc. is what reminded me of a Merkur right off the bat and Wiki states the RS borrowed some things from the Sierra Cosworth which is a cousin of the Merkur.

With only 200 being built, and many probably being crashed, I can see why they would be worth big bucks.

Being sarcastic FD,8million$ of autos gotta help the economy a bit-Kevin

@kmccune, you did know that this is a car site, right? I mean, we like cars here, and we talk about them. Even the expensive ones. While many of us, myself included, have similar thoughts when we see such ostentatious displays of wealth, we recognize that this site is for talking about cars - even the ones that are overpriced.

You’re bordering on trolling.

SF,its just my dig at people who have more money then sense,I’m perfectly cognizant of the nature of this forum,you have to take in consideration my background-I have went in the woods and beat snow off wood so I could get a widow a load of firewood.I didnt live in the third world,but at times it was close-Kevin(besides lighten up, everyone loves to dream)

Instead of selling them a $20,000 Miata putting $20K back into the economy, the Ford GT clips them for $250,000 and spreads that money around over a big playing field… AND, after they are done with them, there’s a slight chance you or I may be able to get our hands on one…If it wasn’t for millionaires willingness to buy these toys for outrageous prices, including the extra $100K most dealers tacked on as ADP, these fantastic machines would have never been built…

Darn, those things that expensive? Dont imagine you or me could ever have the chance to get one.Case in point,When Nissan was producing the the supercharged Frontiers,I checked one out at the local favorite dealer-It had this funny surcharge on the sticker an(hard to obtain fee) I guess that is capitalism at its best(reminded me of the of the" value added fee")-Kevin

The price is outrageous to you and me, but some people can easily afford the car. Not many people, but there aren’t many Ford GTs, or other exotic cars, available. It’s not first on my list when I win the Lotto, but it might be fun to own one for a while. Who knows? Once I own one, I might decide to keep it. I’ll put it on my list for when I’m King of the World.

Well on my wish list is a Boxter,even though I am a Ford man