CarTalk.com Blogs Car Info Our Show Deals Mechanics Files Vehicle Donation

Ford Fusion 2014 Lighting Functions

I’ve Ford Fusion 2014 2.5L Standard Trim. As because of Standard Trim it doesn’t come with pre-equipped fog lights.

For the installation of fog lights, I’ve come across a few questions.
First, Where is the fog light switch and how would I turn it on? My stock lighting switch doesn’t have any fog light button. Below is the picture of my stock lighting switch, For now, I’m saying it Type-1 switch.

One solution could be that I set them on the parking lights but I don’t want that because there are separate indicators of front and rear fog lights on my instrument panel. IMG_0759
So I want to change the whole lighting switch but there are two more types of lighting switches. Here’s Type-2:s-l640
And this one, I’m saying it Type-3:Stainless-Steel-Headlight-Switch-Sequins-Cover-Stickers-For-Ford-For-New-Focus-3-MK3-Mk4-Kuga
This Type-3 switch has buttons for front and rear fog lights. For now, I don’t want to install rear fog lights but it seems like this Type-3 switch has some other functions also (0•1•2•3•4) that I don’t know about. Would it work in my car, any suggestions?
I saw some fog lights installation videos for Fusion, all of them installed Type-2 switch.
Which switch is recommended? And what should I keep in mind with the installation that fog light indicator in my instrument panel illuminates upon switching on the fog lights like a stock function?

Last question, there is another indicator on my instrument panel related to lightings that I don’t know about even in car’s manual there’s nothing about it, It illuminates along with other indicators with ignition-on and then turn off, any idea?

I would just spring for one of the OEM kits they sell. Here’s a video of the process showing many of the parts- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9BmX013UUQ

I saw that video, but my real issue is, what about the instrument panel fog light indicator? Will it work like stock?