Ford focus rear wheel bearings

We have a 2004 ford focus wagon ZTW with approximately 90 thousand miles on it. Approximately 9 months ago, we had the rear wheel bearings replaced. Just to be honest, the car was driven at high speeds when it was making noise. The bearings on both sides were replaced and that bearing set lasted about 1.5 months. It was replaced by the same mechanic for free as a manufacturing problem. Now the bearings have failed again. I believe the bearings are not the primary problem. What else could be causing these bearings to fail?

This is one of the warnings when installing the rear wheel bearings.

WARNING: Rotate the hub assembly 10 times in the opposite direction while tightening the hub nut to prevent damage to the wheel bearing.

Tester

Tester,
Thanks for the response. You would think a successful, professional garage would know this but who can tell. I’d still be interested in any other possibilities. The situation put us in an uncomfortablr situation on a recent trip

Hey! I replaced 5 rear wheel bearings! Am going to call mechanic and offer what Tester submitted! Thanks Tester!!!

Hey! I replaced 5 rear wheel bearings! Am going to call mechanic and offer what Tester submitted! Thanks Tester!!!