For those that have a 2015-2020 Honda/Acura

RCAK-23V751-1498.pdf (nhtsa.gov)

Connecting rod bearing problem? Oh my. Have to wonder how many vehicles it affects? Good for Honda for getting on top if it in any event. Hopefully only a few vehicles.

About 250,000. Fortunately not our 2019 Odyssey.

250,000 vehicles

1 Like

Is that the number of vehicles potentially affected? Or are they planning to replace the engine in all 250K vehicles?

“Remedy:
Dealers will inspect and repair, or replace the engine as necessary, free of charge”

It would seem that only those engines that “fail” the inspection will be repaired and/or replaced

1 Like

The recall affects certain Hondas powered by the company’s V6 engine. Namely, the Pilot for model years 2016, 2018, and 2019, as well as Ridgelines for model years 2017 and 2019. Odysseys from 2018 and 2019 are also affected. There are a couple of Acuras named as well, specifically the 2015-2020 TLX and the 2016-2020 MDX.

Tester

Hopefully that will only be be needed for a few vehicles.

hmmm … I guess if it affected a lot, say 100K vehicles, they could set up a temporary engine re-manufacturing plant, taking in the failed engines, doing the repair, and using those as the replacement engines. That would be a fairly cost-efficient solution.

@Tester, thanks for the information. Before I posted above I checked my VIN at NHTSA.gov for outstanding recalls. Since this bearing recall is listed in their database, I think that my van would have been flagged if affected.