Follow me!

It’s not bread, but moldy potatoes. Great story, btw.

My dad was a second generation Swede. Christmas dinner was lutefisk, lingonberries, limpa bread and glugg to drink. Fortunately, my mother was not of Swedish descent, so we only had lutefisk once a year instead of every day.
To keep this car related, there were two cars when I was growing up that my dad thought he would like to own. One car was the 1949-51 Nash Airflyte. This car was designed by a Swedish engineer–Nils Erik Wahlberg. The other car was the Saab of the late 1950s with the two stroke engine. In the early 1950s, a new or even late model used car was beyond our family’s budget. By the late 1950s, my mother didn’t like the idea of the Saab. Our family had owned cars where we would pull into a service station and ask to put in some oil and check the gas. My mother was happy to have a.car that didn’t need a quart or more of oil at every gas stop and didn’t want to go back to those days with a two stroke Saab.

Now that’s a pothole!

My mother-in-law just got some Lingonberry jelly from Ikea (because It’s almost impossible to go there and not spend at least $100). I really like it! Reminds me a little bit of cranberries. Years ago I took a spring vacation and drove down to Winter Park Florida to visit a friend and his wife (who is of some variety of Scandinavian decent). I got to try the Gulgg that her family makes, and it was fantastic. On a car related note, that was back when I was driving my cloth top 01 Solara, still one of my favorite cars I ever owned.

That was among the more interesting slides WAY off topic I’ve ever seen. And so quickly!

Hi @poillon. We have learned the hard way that the political comments can get pretty heated.

Not to stay off topic but I believe those are the berries that are prized in Norway. They grow wild and everybody has their secret plot that they pick them from. They take it pretty seriously and woe to anyone that picks from someone else’s plot. They aren’t violent by nature but hands off their berries. Yeah we went for a drive in the country and Cousin showed us his secret stash.

1 Like