Floor pan repair/did my truck make me sick?

@Bing, the cost to change flight reservations is significant, and it is likely the reservation was made long before any symptoms appeared. There’s no way an airline is going to waive a fee just because someone says they are Sick.

Back when I used to buy clunkers for “work” cars I always had to put floor pans in the new one. I used to keep the hood and trunk lid of the old one when I junked it to make the new pans with.
I would shape them with a large ball peen hammer and the curb in front of my house.

Trivia fact. The peen is the non hammer part, thus a ball on the non hammer part is a ball peen hammer. Still trying to clarify stillson wrench, monkey wrench, and pipe wrench on another trivial matter.

I dunno JT, like I said just observations but we left a member of our group in Israel because the airline wouldn’t let her on the plane with her illness. She had to go back the hotel, see a physician, and fly back to the US alone a few days later. Airlines don’t want sick people on their flights, especially over the pond. Whatever though.

From my childhood, we had a monkey wrench. It was a flat adjustable wrench that looked like a flat pipe wrench without the teeth. Not like a crescent wrench that forms four sides for the bolt but only formed two edges to grip the nut. A pipe wrench is similar except has large teeth to grip pipe and also the grip pivots a little so that when you turn it righty, it tightens on the pipe, then will rotate back up again when you go lefty. Sort of like a ratchet. I don’t know what a stillson is.

hey! I can breath again! I ll be back to my usual asinine self in no time, god willing…

now I m scared of my truck tho…

ok, I spoke too soon at first.

now I m starting to fell better. maybe I ll finish screwing down my floor pans today. I picked up some fasteners yesterday.

cab supports are the next project…

Ventilation, and a mask. You might as well toss that old carpet wes. Put some rubber down instead

that s the plan fender. the front half is gone. I need to remove the seat to remove the rest from the back seat area.
I replaced the seat a few years ago and never did get around to re drilling the seat frame so I could install the two bolts that didn t match up.

I have a rubber bed liner that I use to lay on under the truck. I may cut that up and install it on the floor if the rubber carpet is too expensive. fixed income you know…

I have all sorts of extra trim and door rubber left from my parts truck.

I miss working at the steel shop sometimes. it was nice to be able to draw a picture and find some scrap gauge material, and take it to my buddy in the detail dept. and have him shear and bend it to order

Go visit your old pal and offer to buy him a beer or two if he helps you out like this. Isn’t there a buddy price for former employees that retired.

the company would frown upon a non employee doing that. it s a pretty by the book place. I can go to another shop if really necessary. anyway, the pans are done. the cab supports won t be hard to make. I will have to hit up one of my buddies for some more 1/8 plate…

Glad you’re feeling a little better but I’m not sure you got it from the flooring. I think it might have been just coincidence.

I think you are right bing. everyone here in the house got the respiratory bug, mine just turned into pneumonia.

I don’t want to push drugs or anything but have you had the pneumonia shot? Good for older folks like me or those susceptible to respiratory issues. It won’t necessarily prevent it but can lessen the impact. I went in for my flu shot one year and the PA suggested I get it. Maybe she smelled the smoke.

I ve never had a flu or pneumonia shot.

Take a coupla speed limit signs!

The pneumonia and flu shots are recommended for senior citizens, and is nothing to scoff at. My son-in-law had a bad case of pneumonia about 8 years ago. He spent several days in the hospital in a coma. The doctor said it was a good thing he was young and had the strength to recover. The doctor also said that if he or any other adult over 30 had gotten this case of pneumonia, they would have died.