Fixing a mistake on the ratings page

I sure hope someone can help me. We just had a fantastically good experience with a mechanic who found us just the used car we wanted, fixed it up for the price we agreed on ahead of time, and delivered a truly exceptional vehicle that we trust very much. I found the shop here at CarTalk, so I went in to leave them a glowing review and add to the community that way, and also help the shop. Somehow my 5 stars got recorded as 4.5. I could not figure out how to fix it, so I wrote a second review explaining they really are a 5-star outfit – and this time the review posted as ZERO stars! So now I am pulling DOWN their average rating!! I can’t seem to get in to fix things, and I can’t seem to pull that zero star rating down. Can someone please help me make this right? Instead of making things better for them, I’ve made them WORSE!

@cdaquila Appears we have someone who needs your capable assistance.

Uh oh! Thanks for letting me know. Would you mind sending me a private message with your email address so we can take care of this? Thank you.

Thank you! I would be so happy! How do I send you a private message, though? I clicked on your name and did not see a direct link. Thank you so much for helping me out!!

If you click on my picture, a little pop-up comes up. On the right side of that box there’s an option with an envelope icon to send a message.

I agree with dawn, that is not very obvious.

I must be doing something wrong, or maybe my system is too old. But I am not seeing any envelope icon in the pop-up window. (I do get the pop-up window, but it does not have that.) So let me try to give you my email address in a way that won’t make it easily available to spambots. (Given that this is a bit of an emergency for me to mess up their ratings, I am willing to be a bit daring. :slight_smile: My user name here has two parts: the second part is clearly my personal name. Use that, and then the domain to send it to is tapestryinstitute dot – and then here, use the url designation for non-profits rather than for-profits. It starts with the letter “o”. How does that work? :slight_smile:

Hi Carolyn. I just want to check: Have you emailed me yet? I’m not seeing anything so thought I would be sure.

I looked at the mechanics file and it has them at 5 stars and both your posts are there that should be good enough. Difference between 4.5 and 5 is not enough to worry about.

My second review has zero stars though. Doesn’t that mess things up?