First car problems please help me and my dad out

I have just driven my 1997 Concorde for about a day now and I have been having a major problem. My car starts for about 6-7 starts then dies and miraculously comes back to life again for 6-7 more times then dies again.

What is going on? I have a boat battery in the car which was bought in 4/08 and I charged at home manually. The car actually STARTS so i mean it can’t be the starter? Could it be relays? or Fuses? Even if I jump the car it doesn’t start.

“Does not crank”: Turn key, nothing happens…
“Cranks”: Car turns over but does not start and run.
“Starts”: Car cranks, then starts and runs…

Which problem do you have??

Well what happens is I’ll start the car and it runs just fine for about 6-7 times. then i try and start it again and it doesnt at all but all the lights work in the car radio and horn but also it actually has STARTED even after the first death meaning it cant be the starter right?

Wrong. It CAN be the starter. Worn out starters can become intermittent…Other possibilities are the starter relay or solenoid (sometimes built into the starter) or the ignition switch.

Is your starter visible from under the hood?

Darn. Well we tried to look under the car today and coudnt see it cause its supposedly underneath a chrysler 1997 concorde on the passenger side or so we heard but i cant find any schematics to say otherwise. What’s the best case scenerio to honestly cause it’s starting then dies then starts again.

Follow the positive battery cable…It will lead you to the starter. Maybe you should pick up a service manual for your car before you start buying things you do not need…

"then i try and start it again and it doesnt at all but all the lights work in the car radio and horn but also it actually has STARTED

Is it cranking, also known as “turning over” when it is not starting, or does NOTHING happen when you turn the key?

Your description of the trouble is a little confusing. The first thing to do is clean battery connections. If that doesn’t help then perhaps the starter solenoid contacts are wearing out and need to be replaced.